Tuesday, March 08, 2005

To Bizzy... From Momotizzle

I simply adore you. I had fun tonight, even if we watched some guy getting toes sewed onto his hands. I love you very much and I thank you for being a part of my life. Hopefully tomorrow your dad and I can get my haircut on! For Rizzel, Bizzy!

Note to Michael and David: Also thanks to you for sharing a splendid dinner with me. I know David will never read this, but maybe his wife can pass it on. :-) And Erin, please tell your mother and sister I wasn't ignoring them, I just didn't know them.

Note to Smitty: Your cooking prowness knows no bounds. I await the day that you and I can share a kitchen again. The only thing that could have made dinner better Sunday night was our world Famous Chedder Biscuits. And that includes no olives!!!

*********************

I found out today that my niece has added some spicy language to her vocabulary. Little Paige has said some words at day care that shouldn't be uttered by little children. My sister Brooke (Hi Brooke!) told mom that she was going to wash Paige's mouth out with soap if she heard she had been doing it again. Mom laughed and said she should wash Brooke's mouth out in turn as she knew where Paige was getting it from.

Is that even doable? Do people really wash kid's mouths out with soap still? I keep thinking of that scene in "The Christmas Story" were Ralphie says "fudge" and get's the dreaded treatment. Anyway, thought it made for an interesting ending to a blog post. Later gators!

3 Comments:

Blogger bib said...

I assure you soap does work fairly well. Brenden got soaped a couple of years ago after the next door neighbor taught him some really REALLY bad phrases that even I dare not utter. After asking him a few times not to say them and then hearing my child out in the back playground talking like a sailor, he got some soap. He hasn't talked like that since.

8/3/05 8:05 AM  
Blogger Pastoral Urbanite said...

It should be said however that certain types of soap are unacceptable. Anti-bacterial, Irish Spring, and Lava for example. The goal is discipline, not to remove the child's tastebuds.

8/3/05 6:50 PM  
Blogger bib said...

yeah, I just used borax... no, just kidding. I didn't. Acutally the amount of soap that actually went into bubs mouth was very miminal.. it was just the thought and act of doing it and WHY it was being done that made the point.

8/3/05 11:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home