Wednesday, March 02, 2005

Monday Monday, So Good To Me

Oh, it's early Wednesday is it? My bad...

Sunday was good. I'll start there. Mary had a modest but very fun birthday party. It was Brigette's family and myself there, so I felt honored to be part of 'the fam'. Mar-Bear made out like a bandit! All kinds of clothes, shoes, berets, two Bratz make-up doll heads, a Barbie, a watch, some jewelry, two kinds of ice cream and a personalized birthday cake... very happy little girl she was. While the rest of the family was playing Moon, Bib, Mary and Tilly showed me what was done to the house since I had been gone. Quite a bit as it turns out! Kitchen cabnets were built and installed, just like some finishing touches on them and they will be done. Bib has been painting like a madwoman and did the kitchen, the main bedroom, and the living room. Some more shelves were installed and were looking good. It's going to be a very nice place when she finally gets in there. I hung out with dad the other part of the day, which consisted of watching television and talking during commercials. Hey, I'll take what I can get with my pop.

Monday I finally got to see Paul and spend time with him. We tooled around Ada for a bit, then drove to Norman to fool around. We didn't spend much time there, but I did see Pip of all people! Pip (Phillip to normal people) has returned to working jewelry repair. He was part of the original Norman crew, and was the only one that didn't leave in '99. I suppose he had loved it so much he had stayed there. In any case, Paul and I came back, picked up his wife Christi and son David and had dinner with Smitty and Theran. We all went back to Paul's house and talked for a while, during which I got in a tickle match with Theran which promptly ended when he kicked me in the mouth by accident. Lesson learned on that one... :-) I also got a hug from lil' David, who is 19 months, and that just made my day. He's such a sweet kid and I envy Paul for having such a great relationship with him.

Not much else happened this weekend, other than my sister's boyfriend coming over to Mom and Dad's house Tuesday morning at around 2 AM. He was extremely sick, so I'm not entirely sure why he didn't stay home, unless he was working in Ada and didn't feel like driving to Colgate. I'll spare the details to save Toby face, but it wasn't pretty. That man was sick! I also bought a digital camera, finally. I had had one, but Jen got it during the divorce agreements, so I was in need of one. Paul helped me pick it out, and it's a pretty decent camera. 4.0 MP, all kinds of bells and whistles, including optical zoom, which my other one didn't have, so I was happy with that. I'm afraid that I'll have to get a smart card or like media, as this doesn't have very much onboard memory, but these days it's almost imperative to have external memory with today's cameras.

Oh, I want to urge people to click my link for KoC. Much appreciated!!

One last thing, I want to wish David and Erin Rutledge a very happy anniversary for this past Monday. I'm not sure what year this makes it (Six? Seven?) but they are very successful at being married, and I could take some pointers from them. I wish them the best of life and lots of love for the future.

Anybody happen to know what happened to Michael West this Sunday and Monday?

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very impressive, Jay! You are the only person, other than us of course, to remember our anniversary, seven years by the way.

As for Michael, I know he was at our house until pretty late Sunday night playing "Resident Evil 4." Couldn't help you with Monday as I was otherwise occupied.

Erin

2/3/05 11:50 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home