Sunday, February 20, 2005

Laying in the dark, prose spewing out

So I'm home alone, bored out of my mind. I went and bought a wireless router for my home LAN, only to find out that my ISP has a single MAC address allowance for their customers, so the cable modem I got Friday will only work with the laptop, since it was the first to use it. I will have to call tomorrow and have them release the intitial MAC so I can use the one the router comes with. I tried to dupe the laptop's MAC on the router, but for some reason it's not taking and it's frustraiting me.

So, I'm laying in the floor, listening to NPR, petting April while she playfully bites me. We have a good understanding, the cat and I. I don't jump out at her from behind a door and she doesn't step on the keyboard when I'm typing. We've both learned our lessons the hard way... When Brigette brought her up, she had an injury from being an outside cat, and it's still not healing. I've debated on taking her to the vet, but I will need to get a cat carrier first. I don't think they would appretiate me bringing in a non-leashed cat, and kitty and myself both know neither of us are getting a collar on her. :-)

I'm debating on what to do this weekend. I'm staying up here in Tulsa and missing Bib something fierce. She might come up next weekend to go shopping for Mary's upcoming birthday. Mary Bear will be the big FIVE here in little more than a week, so I want to get her something cool. She's got toys to play with, and any kid likes getting more toys, but I would like to get her something she would use for more than ten minutes. Something that would let her use her imagination and stretch her mind. I will have to confir with her madre'. I'm not too keen on what is appropriate for a five year old girl, me being a 30 year old male and all...

A-Kon will be coming up in about three months. So far it's David, Erin, Mr. West (Mac-Daddy) and myself. Smitty and Bib are maybe's at this point. Smitty has his wedding anniversary that weekend, and Bib may be on her way to Las Vegas that week. If I had to pick which I would rather do, I would pick Vegas, but at this point, A-Kon is a yearly thing. I HAVE to go to it. If for nothing else than just to spend time with friends that I don't see nearly enough of. I love these guys, and I would gladly take a bullet for them. Well, maybe not a bullet. Maybe a really rough dutch rub. Or an indian burn. Yeah, I would take an indian burn for the gang. I'm good that way.
**************************************
Have I told you all how much I want to join the MythBusters team? I love this show and damn you for judging me. Good Eats may be my favorite show, but as far as hard work and senseless explosions, MythBusters is a hands down riot. There is no other job in the world that would please and teach me more than working with Adam Savage.
**************************************
Lastly, want to give good luck vibes to Haiku Girl and hopes she gets that awesome sauce job in C@L. I expect no less blogging from her when she gets it. Also need to throw Judd some love for making me laugh out loud at 2 in the morning at work. Surely, he is an authentic man!

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

If there was a way to vote for who the next MythBusters team memeber was - I would so vote for you. If it were like American Idol, I'd get one of those fancy auto-dialers and you'd be a shoo in! Also, thank you for the best wishes! I should know tomorrow!

21/2/05 5:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home