Monday, February 14, 2005

Happy St. Valentine's Day to my peeps

Well, I'm feeling better somewhat. I managed to go into work Saturday night and only managed to sleep about 15 minutes. Patrick had to nudge me a time or two, but considering how I was feeling, I think that was pretty good. My left ear is still stopped up, and feels like it is going to bust if I mess with it, so I'll just leave it alone and hope for the best.

Yesterday I went with Bib and her family to the city, we ate lunch and went for a whirlwind tour of OKC finest in lumber/hardware places. We spent a few hours in Lowe's and if you've ever managed to entertain two children in a hardware center, then you know how bored kids can get. Brenden and discussed the finer points of Dragon Ball Z and Mary got to climb on just about every pile of lumber there was. She was a very dusty kid when we finally got out of there. When we made it home, I gave Brigette her Valentine's Day stuff. This was the first time I could openly give her anything and I hope I didn't disappoint. What she gave me, I was not prepared for. She suggested we watch "The Notebook", a movie I was bound and determined NOT to view. And she's a devious person for making me do it...

If you've seen the trailer, you should figure out that the two old people are the star-crossed lovers they show during the preview, and that James Gardner has to read to Gina Rowlands because she doesn't remember. That's not a spoiler, that's just if you have a higher than 58 IQ and pay attention to detail. So, what I didn't prepare for was the emotional onslaught that it brought about. I will admit, I may have 'teared up' a little bit, but I DID NOT BAWL! I repeat: I did not sob like a little girl. If Brigette tells you otherwise (and I'm sure she will) she's making it up. :-D Ok... I *may* have sobbed a little bit, but only because I was choked up from all the medication. Yeah, that must have been it. The medication...

Bib got a dozen pink roses, some chocolate (what's Valentine's Day without chocolate?) and a little DVD she had been wanting. So along with the gushy card, she did pretty good this year. I've heard that her ex-husband had not always been so attentive in giving gifts sometimes, so I hope that I made this year a nice one for her. I appreciated the gift of the movie, but I wish she would have picked something a little less draining of the emotions. Here it is the next day and I'm still thinking about it. What a wimp!

Being loved is a great feeling, and I'm glad I'm well loved, so Happy Valentine's Day people. If you got something good, tell me about it and we'll compair. I hope everyone had someone to hold and tell them you love them. And some chocolate. ;-)

2 Comments:

Blogger bib said...

Jay, you didn't cry like a little girl, it was more like a grown man TRYING NOT to cry. I enjoyed all of my gifts (I'm enjoying my chocolate right now) and I thank you very much for them. Ok, back to studying. Everyone cross your fingers, toes, and eyeballs for me tommorrow. I am going to need it!

15/2/05 7:19 PM  
Blogger Jay said...

If I was "trying not to cry" then I failed miserably. That was as sad or more sad than Grave Of the Fireflies. I think I felt worse longer with FOTF, but I felt more intense sadness with The Notebook. Between this and My Life, you've seen me bawl at just about everything. Just don't watch the last ten minutes of Beaches with me. Niagra Falls...

16/2/05 12:23 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home