Friday, February 11, 2005

Feeling bad bad bad

I had come back from Ada on Tuesday afternoon and did my normal routine before going into work that night. By the time my shift was finishing, I was feeling a little soreness in my throat. Sure enough, by the time I had woken up, I was full blown sick. I had took that night off from work, knowing that Patrick hates it when I come into work sick (mainly because he has to sit next to me and don't want my ickiness), hoping to get better. I did a battery of Motrin/Tylenol/NyQuil in the hopes that I would beat it into submission. No such luck, as I had woke up Thursday morning feeling like a truck had hit me. I continued my medications, in the belief that I would win out. I take off Thursday night as well, feeling just horrible.

Next day, which is today, finds me waking up with a ringing in my ear and it is stopped up to boot. So I crawl into the shower, hoping to wash away the sickness. No dice. It's now 11:15 and I still feel bad. I was feeling the itch of the internet, so I dragged my diseased body to McDonald's and am using their internet from a remote corner. Still coughing, weezing, throat still sore, nose still running, just generally not a pleasent person to be around right now. April is not helping by meowing at me every 2 seconds. Lord knows what she wants, but I can only assume that if I could provide it for her I would in a second. I cleaned her box, food and water provided, if she wants petting, she knows by now where to go.

Today I have an appointment for my general practice doctor, with the dream that he can provide me something good to aid me in my fight agaisnt the viral/bacterial war going on inside me. Having spent time with both Brigette and her daughter this past weekend, who were both sick, I can sum up pretty quick where I go it from, but I'll deign in pointing fingers. ;-) What sucks is that she had planned on coming up this weekend, but with her sister's 21st birthday party being Saturday, there's a very high chance, that along with me being still sick, she won't make it up. Which means that all the romantic things I had planned will just have to wait. Why romantic stuff? Well, St. Valentine's Day is coming up soon, and I like to give the woman in my life my undivided attention. But not only does my woman have to work, but she will also tired afterwards, meaning that any after-work activities we do will be dependant on her staying awake. I'm sure Erin could make a joke here, and I'll ask her to keep quiet. ;-)

I'm going to try and go into work tonight, hoping I feel good enough to make it through the entire shift. Right now I can't stay awake because of the medication, and knowing how I am normally, this will be a test of one's will. So, at 4 I go to the doctor's, go get any perscriptions filled, and hope for the best. Wish me luck.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jay, I don't have a clue what you're talking about!

Erin

11/2/05 9:11 PM  
Blogger Patrick said...

Dude, when have you ever shown her "divided" attention??

11/2/05 11:36 PM  
Blogger Patrick said...

Does anybody really LIKE being sick?

12/2/05 1:24 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I hope you feel better soon!

12/2/05 11:18 AM  
Blogger Jay said...

Erin, I was refering to me falling asleep at the Rutledge house 98% of the time I come over. heh...

12/2/05 11:30 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sarcasm, Jay, sarcasm!

Erin

14/2/05 12:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home