Thursday, February 24, 2005

Clean hands

When I was a little kid, I had a fervor for washing my hands. When I went to the bathroom, or ate candy and got sticky, or played in the dirt, I would always make it a point to wash my hands afterwards. I remember one time on a school trip, we went to visit the Ada Candy Factory, and as part of the tour we got to make our very own candy canes. But for some reason, they didn't take into account that this would get about 28 kids sticky with sugar solution, so when we got back on the bus, I couldn't wash my hands right then and started crying.

Crying, because I was going to be sticky until we got back to school and who knows how long that would take!

So, I was just in the restroom here at work, and I was washing my hands, thinking of this. It felt good, to clense then, feel the water running over them, soaping them up at my leasure, scrubing with my fingernails at my hands and wrists. Oh yeah, I wash my wrists too, always have. Well, just thought about that one time at the candy factory. I hate being sticky if I can help it.
***************************
Anybody want to take a trip with me to Gravity Road or the Coral Castle? I'll spring for gas and snacks...
***************************
Circle Cinema in Tulsa is showing "West Side Story" with Natalie Wood and that sassy Rito Moreno on April 3rd. I'm thinking about catching it on the big screen.

"When you're a Jet
You're a Jet all the way!
From your first cigarette,
to your last dyin' day!"

Awesome.

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

I can't stand having sticky or dirty hands either! Sticky especially. I'm 33 and think I would perhaps burst into tears if I had a bus ride of unknown length in front of me with candy cane residue on my precious paws now! I SURELY would have at a tot!

24/2/05 10:22 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home