Friday, November 26, 2004

The gluttony that only I know

Ok, so coming back into town tonight, I had prepared my mind for the leftovers which I had brought back from Ada with me. Not only did I get some of the EXCELLENT dressing my mom makes every year (hooray!) but also a sizable portion of turkey, rolls, mashed potatoes and some awesome cranberry sauce, but Brigette hooked me up too with her mom's dressing, home-grown corn, green bean cassarole (true to my word, very little made it to the apartment), turkey (they still had tons leftover) and some of her great-mother's fantastic cranberry sauce. I, along with David Rutledge, am all about the cranberry, the mighty fighter of urinary tract infections and besides being good for you, it's just darn tasty. That being said, Mr. Patrick Cusher mentioned on his blog that he was making some homemade stuff for his family, forgoing the what was once traditional canned gel that I guess his mom used up until this Thankgiving. I hope it went well for him. I love cranberry sauce, and I know Pat is picky about his own recipies (as any chef would be) and I don't blame him for wanting to try new stuff with the fam. Maybe he'll tell me how it went in a future installment over at his place on the web.

Anyway, back to my original story:

I had come back to Tulsa tonight with the hope that I would get to dig into my leftovers sooner than later. I could already think about getting up from my pre-work nap and digging in to my Thankgiving master. But I had forgotten about the leftovers Bib's kids left from when they were here Saturday. I had a soft taco, some mac & cheese, a few fries and two tiny slices of a kid's pizza I had sitting there. Well, it doesn't take Ray Charles to see that I love food, and i abhor wasting of food of any kind, so I had put off my second Thankgiving meal of the day to polish of what was left in the fridge. I would rather it get eaten than thrown away. I don't know why I'm like that, I just am. I guess that's one of the mryiad of reasons why I'm heavy. I can't stand to see food wasted. But that's another story for another time.

All in all I had a good day today. I had another bout of cramps, double rib cramp in the shower this time. That was nice. Nothing like trying to shave with your arms above your head. I'm sure I looked a bit silly doing this, but as it was a private shower, I felt safe from prying eyes.
I got to see all three nieces this weekend, along with my sisters. Had a good dinner with Michael West, even though Smitty called me and I forgot to call him back (sorry buddy!) No word on David or Pat, so I'm not sure how they turned out this holiday. Called my aunt Nancy, but got the answering machine with no call back, so I don't know how my other family is doing. *sigh* I guess I'll have to find out later this week.

By the way, tomorrow is the much ballyhooed biggest shopping day of the year. I plan on going out and taking care of what I can in the morning, stashing it away and hopefully will get somethings that people will want. The thing is, I don't know what people want. I'm a little strapped for cash right now, with still paying bills off from the house, and with my pending PA trip, I really can't afford to splurge as much as I would like to this year. If you're wanting something special from me, you've got to let me know. I'm not psychic, just psycho.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

well the only thing i want for christmas is for one time that you come down that you and Aaron cook a meal like we use to and everyone can come here and eat. Kind of like a food, folks and fun get togehter. we could watch movies as well

reneay

2/12/04 3:34 PM  
Blogger Jay said...

Hey that sounds like a great idea Reneay. I would love to get back in the cooking groove again. Maybe I can bring my new beau. Any requests? Crisp green bean almadine? Succulent pork loin and lemon sauce? Hmm...

5/12/04 11:21 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home