Saturday, October 16, 2004

It's a matter of instinct, a matter of conditioning, it's a matter of fact

I should make a statement that reflects how I feel about a certain subject. I don't think Jesus and Penn Jillete are of the same 'awesomeness' stature. The Son of the one who is called 'I Am" is top notch, I just meant in the capacity to do nifty stuff. Jesus can walk on water and turn water into wine, Penn can turn Sprite into Pepsi and can catch a bullet in his mouth. I'm sure if JC wanted to stop high-projectiles fired from a rifle he could, but the Bible failed to mention any of his 'parlor tricks' so I don't know how good he would be in Vegas... :-)

I should also make another statement. I've gotten pretty close to Brigette here lately. I don't know where this will go, as I'm still married, but I do have plans. I do feel very strongly for her, I love her in fact. Judge me as you will, I stand before you as I am, stripped bare of all facades and lies. If you want to call me names and would stop being with me because of this, then so be it. It's my life, and I will live it as I see fit.

That's about all. I'm dying to go see puppets blow stuff up. Anybody heard anything on Team America?

2 Comments:

Blogger Pastoral Urbanite said...

There's a story in one of the gnostic gospels where some kid is being a jerk. Jesus points his finger at him and poof... he wasn't there any more... Its highly questionable (the text in general) and the story grates against everything else we know of Jesus' character, even at a young age. But it does remind us of what he COULD have done if he wanted to. "No, Thomas that's a dumb answer..." Suddenly Thomas' boxers are on backwards.

17/10/04 3:15 PM  
Blogger bib said...

Jay, I love you too. A lot. I always have and I always will.

18/10/04 1:55 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home