Thursday, October 14, 2004

Guess who's back...back again?

Eminem sings my story...

I guess I would be missed, so I figure I'll keep going with this. I'm just going to stop taking myself so seriously from now on. I'm tired people. I'm broke down. I'm looking to start my life over. Jen and myself have seperated, and it's not looking good on that front. I've got my own little place and I'm broke. I'm so broke I can't even pay attention. Ha!

"Badum* Thank you! I'll be here all evening! Be sure and tip your waitress...

Anyway, I'm craving jalapenos for some reason. I don't mean those pickled things you put on ballpark nachos. No sir. I'm talking the real deal, fresh from a garden jalapenoes. I would take them, roast them, put them in a bag for a few minutes so the skin comes off easily, then take out the membrane (Thank you Alton Brown!) and maybe make a little salsa with it. Fresh salsa sounds pretty good to me right now. Hmmm...yum!

I'm sorry I never got to try Aunt Bonnie's salsa, and I'm sorry that I never got to share my grandmother's peaches. I've got one jar left, and I'm saving it for a special occassion. The question is, who is special enough to warrent me cracking open the very last jar of oh-so-delicious peaches my grandmother canned that is left on this Earth? You would have to have the combined awesomeness of Jesus and Penn Jillete for me to share it with you. Who amoung you thinks you're worthy?

9 Comments:

Blogger Pastoral Urbanite said...

My lack of coolness is well known and oft lamented matter of local lore. I had to look up who Penn was! What email address did you send that picture to? Something's messed up. I think you should take your peaches to A-Kon. Then you can't eat them while I smoke my cigar... any thing to keep you pansies up past 11 pm.

14/10/04 8:51 AM  
Blogger Patrick said...

Mike...what's your blog address? I lost it.

15/10/04 3:10 AM  
Blogger Patrick said...

...you too, Smitty.

15/10/04 3:10 AM  
Blogger Pastoral Urbanite said...

west.blogs.com
and Smitty's is
http://staleknowledge.blogspot.com/

15/10/04 9:18 AM  
Blogger bib said...

I would like to think that you would allow me to share the last jar of peaches. Of course I might have to sing that old song.. "beautiful peaches" who sang that anyway? I think it was maybe Presidents of the United States of America. You get to sing no sleep till Brooklyn, so it's only fair, right? Oh and hey, still remember my social?

15/10/04 7:52 PM  
Blogger Pastoral Urbanite said...

When did The President's of the United State become old... It looks like about the same time I did... Dang and I thought I was still cutting edge.

16/10/04 12:02 AM  
Blogger Jay said...

Millions of peaches, peaches for me.
Millions of peaches, peaches for free
LOOK OUT!

Yes Bib, it was PUSA that did 'Peaches'. And yes Mike, you are totally metal! *throws up metal horns and thrashes about*

16/10/04 1:07 AM  
Blogger bib said...

PUSA, now that just sounds nasty when you say it out loud. Say it... now doesn't it? It sounds like something I would have to clean up at work. Brigette, Mr. Jones had an accident, would you mind helping him clean the PUSA off of his bed. EWWW...

16/10/04 1:35 AM  
Blogger Jay said...

Be sure and thank your mother!

16/10/04 1:43 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home