Friday, September 17, 2004

Get Down With The Sickness

On Tuesday afternoon, I laid down for a little nap. What I didn't know is that was my undoing. I awoke a few hours later with a VERY sore throat. When I went to bed that night, that was the best I was going feel for a few days. For the past two days I've had aches and pains, chills and then sweats, a running fever, blockage in my ear, the throat pain, and a nice little headache. I just learned that it's going to be just myself and Pat tonight at work, so that kind of sucks. My first night back after five days off and still sick. Great.

Paul and his family went to visit his sister in New Mexico, and they had a blast. Had it not been for his son David getting sick, they would have stayed longer. He mentioned that there jobs for the picking down there, and that they have talked about moving from OK to NM. I think that would be kind of neat. Besides the heat, I've heard the winters are really nice there. Sure, it's not the idyllic snow-covered landscape, but it's still a beautiful place to be. I wish him luck. Paul, if you need help moving, let me know and I'll see if I can help you. I'd love to come visit!!

Talked to Dad this morning, I asked him about mom's dad. Granddad's in a little bit better spirits he said. He is able to get up and around, eating better. So that's good news on that part. Different family members have been staying over night, in case something happens. I wish him well and hope he gets some much needed rest.

On a side note, I'm sitting here watching a rerun of Married With Children, and it has baseball greats Ernie Banks (Go Cubs!) and Johnny Bench. My mom (Shirley) has a picture (well, ok, I guess it's not really in her possession really, but it's in the shed), an autographed picture of Johnny Bench. And if memory serves, it's made out to her. I need to dig that up and restore it if need be. That would be a neat collector's item.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home