Monday, August 23, 2004

The brow is heavy with worry...

I keep seeing Vest-Guy at work, but I never do anything to initiate conversation. It's a little hard to go up to a guy and say "Hey, your vest is ugly. Let's talk about it!"
There's somebody else at work that I feel I should talk about. I don't know her real name, but Pat and I have been calling her Gimpy. It's a very mean reason, as she walks with a noticable limp. If she was a nice person, I probably wouldn't call her a mean name, but as it is, she is really annoying and as such has deserved our scorn. Let me say we never call her this to her face, just between the two of us. First off, she brings all kinds of junk food in. Now, I'll admit, I don't don't exaclty fuel my body with the best stuff, but this woman is horrible. Friday night I caught her with a zip-lock bag of Double Bubble chewing gum. That would mean that she has a bigger bag of gum, and it also says that she chose to bring that much gum into work for a night's supply.
And she always has a hugh supply of food with her. One night it counted a full bag of tortilla chips (family size), an order from Taco Bell, a family sized bag of M&Ms, and a 64 oz soft drink from QT. For only an 8-hour shift, that sure is a lot of food. And she's not even that big of a woman. She's got a few extra pounds of weight on her, but she's not huge by any means.
She also keeps her food in a chair, that she wheels into the middle of the aisle. Along with her cane, it makes for a hard time getting past her to go to the breakroom or the restroom. Many times I will spin her chair in a circle when I walk past in a passive aggressive manner to let her know that her actions hack me off. I'm so tough... :-P

I haven't talked to any of my friends with the exception of Pat at all this week. Sunday was his 31st birthday. He seems to have taken it in stride, and didn't seem to morose about it. I was a little disturbed by my 30th a while back, but I'm cool with it now. He's down in Ada until Tuesday so we'll miss our weekly DVD trip. Hopefully he enjoyed his big day.

Might get to see Kevin tonight. It's been forever since I saw him, so maybe we'll get to grill!! Yeah for grilling!

Does anybody know if Smitty got internet access at home yet?

3 Comments:

Blogger Pastoral Urbanite said...

I don't think Smitty got internet yet... but since he posts to his blog about once a year how would I know?

23/8/04 3:49 PM  
Blogger Jay said...

heh... true.

24/8/04 10:01 AM  
Blogger Jay said...

No offence meant buddy. I was wanting an update on Stale Knowledge, as I was not getting my fix like I had wanted. Ever since Pre-Paid put the screws to you guys about what you can and can't view internet-wise, then I have found myself wanting more updates than you and David can provide.
I don't blame you... I blame the man! The MAN!

30/8/04 11:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home