Wednesday, August 11, 2004

I'm as big as a house

No, seriously...

I'm as big a house. A double-wide at least.

So this is the beginning (again) of me trying to loose weight. I have gained so much weight since the end of March, after I had lost a lot of that poundage at the first of the year, that I've gained it all back and then some. And that, my friends, is not a good thing.

I've known friends that have lost it with Atkin's, Sugar-Busters, or Body For Life, or simply eating reduced-calorie diets. For me, I'm looking for the cream soda and oatmeal cream pie diet. I think that's one I could stick with. :) I need a dare-to-be-great situation. I need inspiration. And I think I've found it...

I had a friend recently get out of a bad situation. I won't go into details, but let's just say this person had it long-time coming, I think. I'm sure they are relieved to start anew. I also think that's what I need to do as well. Start anew. Clean slate, back to Square One! Do-Over!

So is this a resolution of sorts? Yeah, I guess it is. I'm tired of looking like Roger Ebert just swallowed a yacht. I'm tired of going up the stairs at work and getting winded (two flights), I'm also tired of not being able to buy clothes off the rack that I like. They just don't make cool clothes for fatties such as myself that don't cost a ton (pun intended) of money.

Less food, more exercise. Less TV, more activity. I know I'll probably forsake it for a candy bar within a few weeks, but I'm going to try. I'm up for a challenge, and this makes the Iditerod look like a cake walk. Wish me luck, give me advice, or just call me names. Either way, I'll need the encouragement.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good for you! You've already proven that you can do it so go for it. And, you'll be an inspiration to us all.
NJH

14/8/04 9:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home