Wednesday, July 28, 2004

The Amazing Pancake-eating Shih-Tsu

I went to visit my good friend Adam while he was down this way this past weekend. I got a chance to hang out with him, Jared (his brother) and Paul Garner, another friend that goes way back. Monday night we played cards, talked and cracked jokes until 3 in the morning, just having a really good time. In the event that any of those guys read this, I just want you to know that was the most fun I've had in a long time. Thanks for a great time!

Tuesday morning, after a brief sleep, I get up and the pending plan was for Dad and myself to go eat breakfast in town. I wasn't feeling much like going into town, as I was still tired, and was hoping just to have some coffee and enjoy Mom and Dad's company before I had to go back, because I hadn't really spend any time with them since being down. Well, I guess Dad didn't feel like going either, so he asked mom to make breakfast for us again (twice in a row!). So we had pancakes and coffee and just got to make small take for a bit.

Now, Missy, my parent's dog, is used to being babied. If you would have asked me two years ago if Dad would ever baby a dog, I would have called you a liar to your face, and then promptly laugh at you. These days, Missy has one place to sit, in Daddy's lap. And Dad doats on her like she was one of his own children. Well, yesterday morning, I got to watch my father feed pancakes to the dog. And she was just having herself a good time. And were it not for mom, Missy probably would have eaten half of his stack. Mom had made one extra, smaller pancake, so Missy had her own, albeit minus the syrup, but it was still funny, as it mom feeding her the extra one. I, for the record, kept my shortstack to myself. I like their dog, but I don't like her that much.

Jennifer and myself try not to feed Mandy human food, as I think it probably encourages her to beg. But sometimes it's just impossible. I will break down and sometimes give a small piece of what I'm eating. For instance, I know that my dog likes tortilla chips, vienna sausages, cheese, and apparently lotion. I had a small tube of lotion I keep in the duffle bag, so if I go on a trip and get chapped hands, I'll be prepared. As dogs are oft to do, Mandy found that little tube and quickly chewed it up and ate what lotion she could. I'm only guessing that her intestinal track is slick enough to pass a Cadillac through. I'm only hoping that when she does her business next, that it doesn't come out like a bullet. With that much lubrication, I'm positive that she will have no problem with constipation.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home