Saturday, July 31, 2004

Was this close to knowledge

****WARNING: THIS POST MAY BE OFFENSIVE TO WOMEN FOLK AND CHILDREN****
Ok, remember that guy in 'Amelie', the 'ghost' that she kept seeing the pictures of, only to find out he was actually the photobooth repairman? I have a simular situation. There is a man that works nights on the weekends that always has this vest on. It's a blue vest with little moons and stars on it, and I kid you not, I have seen this guy maby 100 times and every single time he's had this vest on.

So just a few minutes ago, I walk into the restroom and who is there at one of the urinals but vest guy. I kind of freeze, as there's this feeling I develop in my stomache. A weird "catching the dog talking on the phone" kind of feeling. Do I talk the guy? What would I ask him? "Why do you wear that freakin' vest so often?" I shy away from it for a second and head to the farthest urinal (common courtesy) and think about how to approach the situation.

As soon as I'm doing my business, he stops his and goes to wash his hands. "Great" I think, "I've got to hurry or else I'm going to lose this chance to ask him about that vest." So I start flowing like crazy. I'm up on tippytoes trying to Dukes of Hazzard it out so I can get some resolution to this thing that has been driving me crazy. At this point I put all I can into it, pushing the envelope so to speak, as I don't know when I'll get this opportunity again.

No good. He's out of there like a Randy Johnson fastball and I'm left to wash my hands in silence. I'll admit, I didn't dry them at all, I just shook them quickly and walked out to hopefully catch him at the coffee machine or something. No such luck.

So Vest-Guy, I'm going to catch you one day. And when I do, I'm going to strip you of your precious adornment and hold it above my head as a trophy. And then, there will be the laugh. Oh yes, THE laugh. You'd better watch your back as I'm out for blood.... er... vest.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

What am I supposed to read when I'm supposed to be working if you only post every eighth day... mwest.

3/8/04 4:05 PM  
Blogger Jay said...

Ha ha... Ok. Point taken. I had written something to be posted, but I have to clear it with my family first. My sister Brooke might kill me...

4/8/04 2:19 AM  
Blogger Jay said...

I want to point out that my mother didn't like the part about me using the bathroom. I can't really blame her, but I thought it was an intregral part of the story, and had to be included.
Sorry mom!

4/8/04 2:32 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home