Friday, October 01, 2004

The Man in Blue...and green and gold and...

In the old G.I. Joe cartoons, they would end with a public service announcement and as any Gen Xer can tell you, would end that PSA with the phrase, "..and knowing is half the battle."

Well tonight folks, I have won half the battle.

I was going to the restroom, as I'm oft to do, and who do I spy with my little eye but Vest-Guy. Normally, I would think about stopping him, but chicken out at the last second. Well, maybe because of the conversation I had with a friend tonight, maybe it was the full moon, or maybe it was because somebody pissed in my Wheaties, but I got that courage that I needed and I talked to Vest-Guy. That's right. I dared to dream and made my greatest hope come alive.

His name is Ralph Mitchell, and his wife makes all of his vests for him. I asked him why he wore them, his reply was that it was just something he liked doing.

And that, my dear readers, is what I hope to be one day. A guy that does what he wants to because he likes doing it. I think that's anybody's dream really. Maybe NECI isn't too far off after all...

Hmm. Looking back, I wished I hug around and could have gleened more info from the guy. All I got was just his name, his source for vests and why he wore them. Not exactly the life-changing event I was hoping for. But then, this is hardly my own personal Watership Down, is it?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home