Wednesday, November 10, 2004

I can't believe you caught me monologing!

I was driving around the great burgh of Owasso yesterday, when a truck with the "Student Driver" tag on the front zoomed in front of me. I thought I would have a bit of fun and caught up with the truck at the next stop light. Inside was one drive, a woman of about 50 years of age and talking away on a cell phone. I'm guessing she was a teacher, as there was not passenger, and she was on her break for lunch.
Ask anyone about my views on cell phones and driving. I'm really against it, even though I myself have been guilty of it from time to time. I don't do it often, and only when nessessary, and as a rule, I don't do it if I'm in heavy traffic. Some people don't care, obviously. They think they have free reign over the vehicle and are able do everything they would normally do while on the phone, next to their ear, creating a blind spot with their hand up to their head....

Uhhhhggghh!!

You know what? it's not worth it. It's not worth it get worked up over morons and dipwads and jerkholes and all those other things. Next time someone leaves a basket in a good parking spot at Wal-Mart, I'm just going to grit my teeth and move the basket myself. Next time some yahoo is chatting merrily away on their cell whilst barrelling down the highway I will hold my tongue. When I see a jackhole pick up a full screen verson of a movie best watched in wide-screen, I will go home and clutch my DVD collection with passion, and then pop in The Two Towers:EE and sit back, relax and think about how I let stuff get to me too much.

I guess it's too much to ask that everyone put up with me when I get in these moods, but I do appreciate those that do with minimal reactions. My friends, you are all beautiful!

A word to Michael West: You go boy!! I knew, way back at A-Kon, that the 'Mac' was in you somewhere. And you know what? I was right!

A word to Bib: I had fun this past weekend. Between a movie, dinner, Pepsi Spice and the cat pooping, it was a blast. Thank you, from the bottom of my heart, for being a life-long friend. I hope someday to be in Mary's 'inner circle'. :-)

A quick question to Erin: Did you get that email about the production of 'Seven Brides for Seven Brothers' being held up here in the Tulsa area? I never got a response so I'm never sure if you and David are getting my emails.

10 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

well it looks as if you got it all out in the open.
no need to tell us how you really feel about crazy people.

so when does the group get to meet bib, just wondering.

10/11/04 7:58 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Doh! Sorry...yes, I did get it and have pestered David about it a couple of times. The only thing is, I don't have anyone who would go with me to see it. Life just isn't fair!

I second that last comment. When do we get to meet Bib?

Erin

10/11/04 11:56 AM  
Blogger Jay said...

If you guys really want to meet her, she'll hopefully be free Monday night. I have asked our good friend Michael about maybe doing dinner, but I've yet to hear back from him.

Erin, as a friend and life-long lover of the theater, I would enjoy going to see it with you. Actually I'm not sure if the production is still on, but if you're worried about seeing it with somebody, I'll go with you, David-permitting. :-) I loved the movie and can only assume that seeing it live would be so much fun!

11/11/04 6:01 AM  
Blogger Pastoral Urbanite said...

I'm game for Monday night... as well as for any trips to see live theatre.

11/11/04 8:35 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

As far as I know Monday night is good (if we're invited, that is). About the theater...they closed in August because they perform outdoors. Oh well, maybe next summer.

Erin

11/11/04 10:44 AM  
Blogger bib said...

Jay, of course I am free on Monday night. As far as theatre goes, have you gone to see the Passion Play in Eurika Springs, Arkansas? Have I asked you this before? Anyway, even if you have we will have to go back to see it. It is so very awesome. I have seen it twice and cried like a girl both times. They even have an "authentic" dinner where you feed off of a buffet of sorts and use big heavy plates and silverware and cold metal mugs. It's really neat. It gets you into the mood. It is an outdoor play too, and I'm rambling again. Imagine that....;-)

11/11/04 2:52 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

so is that a dinner on monday or is it just for Michael since he is easier to meet that the rest? lord knows she needs to meet us all eventually..

11/11/04 5:10 PM  
Blogger Patrick said...

It's funny listening to you moan about cell phone drivers when I've personally witnessed you text messaging while driving on multiple occasions...

What's that "H" word I'm thinking of?

*DISCLAIMER: This is a light-hearted comment meant only for poking and prodding.*

12/11/04 1:14 AM  
Blogger Jay said...

Yes Pat, I am a hypocrite, I'll freely admit to it... :-P

Everybody is invited Monday night!! Reneay and Smitty, Erin and David, and Mr. West himself. If anybody else reads this and wants to meet-n-greet, get in touch with me and I'll let you in on it. Look forward to seeing everybody!

13/11/04 1:05 AM  
Blogger Jay said...

And no Bib. I have not seen the Passion Play. I have heard very good things about it but haven't quite made the trip to see it. Maybe we can go next year if we can find time. You know what would be a fun? A huge group outing. Would anybody else like to go? Am I being pushy by asking everybody over a blog? :-P

13/11/04 1:08 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home