Wednesday, August 17, 2005

The cough, the virus and the cat

Three things, all quick, so keep up.

I have this cough. It has stayed with me for the better part of 8 years now. I'm going back to the doctor on Friday to have this checked out. I'm tired of coughing. Coughing sucks. Coughing 'bites the big one' as the kids say these days. Looking forward to whatever pills and syrups and powders and elixars and tonics and a big stone mortar and pestile to grind up some roots and bark and whatever else my apothicary can give me to stop this freakin' cough.

Viruses suck. Big time. But not so bad when you've got a team of very smart individuals kicking ass and taking said virus's name. Might I be so bold as to toot my own horn and the horn of my team? Yes. Yes, I think I might. Toot toot! There, and don't I feel better for it.

My cat will not stop clawing at the carpet. If I don't find a solution quick I'm going to start noticing bald spots in the floor and I'm pretty sure if I can see them, then the managerial staff of the apartment complex can see them too. Besides de-clawing and pissing her off, how can I make her use the shread board I got for her? Do I need a bigger one? A full-size cat box? Special sprays? I don't know!

*cough cough*

I'm going to go hack up my left lung. I'll talk to you guys later.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

A productive cough is one that brings up phlegm

17/8/05 4:55 PM  
Blogger Jay said...

Indeed it is. I refered not to 'hacking up a lung' in the vein of producing mucriatic discharge from my depths, but instead that when I cough, it hurts and feels as if I am going to expell one of my internal breathing organs. I am sorry for any misleading text.

But thank you for the science tidbit. Science is fun! Unlike coughing, which sucks, as I have stated already...

17/8/05 6:13 PM  
Blogger Jay said...

It doesn't feel like allergies, as it doesn't matter where I am, indoor, outdoor, AC, non-filtered, whereever, always coughing.
Buffy is going ok. Hope to be done with Session 3 by the time I come down next.

17/8/05 9:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home