Thursday, August 11, 2005

No need for nastiness

I don't need anyone getting nasty on here, no need for 'cattiness' and certainly no call for rallying in the defence of my wilted pulminary unit. I appreciate all the "gotcher backs" and "giv'er hell" but really there is no need. And no need to drag someone's name down. By this point all I want to do is be friends with everybody, even if I can't date them. If you're a friend of mine, that means I love you. Yeah, I said it. So what? It's not a 'shag them on the carpet" kind of love and it's not a "buy flowers for on Valentine's Day" kind of love. But it certainly is a "I would feel terrible if this person left my life forever" kind of love. And if I call you a friend, that's how I feel about you. Doubley so for Patrick since he has a sweet ass... ;-)

And even though we have our differences, and yes, some people think it would better if I cut all ties, I consider Brigette a friend. We've known each other for over a third of my very wizended life and we've both been through some weird shit together. It would be a shame to do so just because she doesn't see anything datable in me. Hell, I don't see anything datable in me. Someone should give Jennifer an award just for having the courage to marry me for three years.

In short, I thank you for your firm support and even stronger words, but I would also like it if noone is run down on here on the blog. We're adults (physically at least) and should act accordingly (for the most part). In the words of Rodney King, "Can't we all...just..g-g-get along?"

11 Comments:

Blogger Scott Roche said...

wuv, tru wuv, will fowow you foweva...


Let's all just love Nikki Griffin

11/8/05 1:28 PM  
Blogger Jay said...

Mawwiage. Mawwaige is wot bwings us togewah....todway... Mawaige, that bwessad awaingement...

Scott, you're my hero. Any PB quotes are always welcome here.

11/8/05 3:08 PM  
Blogger Scott Roche said...

Tis a great movie and my favorite moment (though like a nice scab, it's hard to pick just one) is:

DROP... YOUR... SWORD!

11/8/05 3:39 PM  
Blogger Jay said...

Ah, well, that's my second favorite. My first being "I'm not left-handed either!".

11/8/05 5:07 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

You are completely datable. No worries there! And relationships are just problems in some kind of crazy order. It's fun and all, but so is not being in one.

11/8/05 9:10 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello, my name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father, prepare to die.

11/8/05 9:20 PM  
Blogger Jay said...

Thank you HG. I always appreciate kind words from former baristas/current journalists. The best kind of ego-boost there is! ;-)

And to anonymous I say this: "No more rhymes now, I mean it!"
"Anybody want a peanut?"

11/8/05 9:51 PM  
Blogger Scott Roche said...

Jay, there's a shortage of perfect breasts in this world. It would be a pity to damage yours.

12/8/05 7:44 AM  
Blogger Jay said...

Fezzik, tear his arms off.

12/8/05 8:52 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah Jay but you can't be always be friends with everybody all the time. In most situations yes but there are those times that just being civil to the other party would be sufficient. If a person can't be fair with you in a relationship, then chances are that person won't be much better as a friend either. This is not meant to upset you or anyone else, it's time that you start putting your physical and mental health first. If you don't do it no one else will. : )

14/8/05 9:00 AM  
Blogger Jay said...

You've got a point there. I have let my health slide quite a bit in the past few months. It might be time to get off the Worry Wagon and get back on the right track towards better living.

Now if only Big Daddy's will quit tempting me with giant potatoes with brisket on them...

14/8/05 1:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home