Friday, August 05, 2005

"Please"

A while back I went to a doctor here in Tulsa about seeing any new developments in the Tourette's field. The experience was not what I would call 'full-filling'. After sitting in his office for an hour, and then sitting in the examination room for almost an hour and a half, the doctor came in, we talked for ten seconds, and I asked him if he knew anything about Tourette's Syndrome. His answer?

"No. I don't deal with Tourette's patients."

And that was that. I was out the door within ten minutes. All he could do was refer me another neurologist here in Tulsa. Now as the other doctor was very helpful, I could have easily gotten that referal from my normal doctor. I was explicit in telling him when making the appointment what I wanted to discuss, and for him to have the nerve to charge me $325.00 for the visit, well, let's just say that it let a very sour taste in my mouth for this guy.

So, every month they send me a bill and every month I pay them a tiny bit of it. I understand that it's a business, and that business runs on currency, so I have every intention of paying them for their time and knowledge. However, I'm not in any hurry to do so. Well, I got this month's bill and in a neat cursive on the bottom of the tab was simply "Please", as in "Please hurry your trifflin' ass up and pay this."

I think I'll send my usual $10 along with a note, "Please don't be jerks and charge me $325.00 for doing absolutely nothing but wasting my time and money."

This would be the equivilent of me being hired by some company to set up a tokenring network and to install all the equipment, run the cable and terminate all that cable to make it 10-T ready, to get to the customer site, waste 2 1/2 hours of their time and then say "Yeah, I don't do token ring..." AND then have the gall to charge them for my time.

Jerks...

And oh yeah, why was I waiting so long? He was at lunch. That means I was there long enough for him to probably see a patient, leave for lunch, dine with no haste, and then come back to see me. What an ass.

3 Comments:

Blogger Patrick said...

"Tokennet ring"?

5/8/05 11:17 PM  
Blogger Jay said...

Fixed.

...ass.

5/8/05 11:45 PM  
Blogger Patrick said...

And such a sweet ass it is.

6/8/05 11:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home