Wednesday, August 02, 2006

Queen of Travel, Prince of Food, King of Comedy

This morning I had a very cool dream. A dream of boundless possibilities. A dream... of Samantha Brown.

I was in a mall, looking for some friends that had gotten away from me. It's odd how often this happens in real life, so naturally I dream of this too. I'm walking by an Orange Julius and I hear a familier voice. Dulced tones of a travel goddess. I turn my head and there is Samantha Brown from the Travel Channel, talking to some friends. I walk up to her, we chat a bit and I get her autograph. In my little dreamworld I am freaking out. "Wow!" I think to myself, "I can't wait to tell my friends I flirted with Sam Brown."

In reality, the only person I know who even knows who she is is my ex-wife, who gave me grief for having a little crush on the television personality, and most likely, nobody would care.

I leave her with other fans and I don't walk very far when I come across another familier voice. It's the star/host/briner of "Good Eats", Alton Brown (no relation to Samantha Brown. Again, we chat and talk for a while. I snag his John Hancock as well and I am elated. Two celebrities that I actually like and I got their autograph. I am so happy.

As the foodie and I are talking, I feel a sharp pain in my head. I wake up to the cat licking my eyelid with great ferver. I shoo him away and lay there thinking... "I don't have their autographs. It was all a dream. I never talked to either person."

I was a little sad.

Then I got up, at a bowl of Honeycomb and forgot about it as I watched a Tivo'd show of Cedric the Entertainer. W0000!!

2 Comments:

Blogger Patrick said...

That's a tasty eyelid!

3/8/06 12:32 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

My cat just sits on my and stares until I wake up. You're lucky to get kissed.

13/8/06 9:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home