Tuesday, September 27, 2005

Walking, cheeks and exes

Recently I've been on a walking kick. Must be the nice weather, because I love being outside in it. Yesterday I took first solo 4-mile walk. I went slower than I would have liked, but it was because I was improperly attired for such a long distance. Today I did a brisk 2.3 mile. It was also a nice path for the upcoming winter months. In the event of ice, it will be an easy walk to take. I'm hoping I can keep up the momentum.

Tonight for dinner I had cebeza. Rusty on your Spanish? It's what our neighbors to the south call 'calf cheek'. As disgusting as that might sound to some of you, it was a very delicious meal. A simple taco made with cebeza, onion and cilantro on a small flour tortilla. Yum... I might get brave and try the lengua next time.

Yesterday after my little hike I had just gotten out of the shower when I got a surprise visitor. Jennifer came up to Tulsa for some pet stuff for our old dog Mandy and a trip to Sam's. Between all that and a visit with her old boss, she snuck in a visit with me. We had lunch, ran out to PetSmart and saw a mulleted hoodlem take out trash at the 8th grade center. Ah... good times. I'm glad I got to stay friends with her, as I'm not one to forget people. Now I'm just hoping I can visit Norman again without bile rising in my throat...

And that's it. A whole love of nothing. Have you been to Homestar Runner in a while? No? Tsk tsk!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home