Tuesday, September 06, 2005

Fighting Mice and Taking Names

Tonight I got the ultimate in rodent-fighting technology...

....a cocktail sword.

A translucent blue sword at that. It was affixed to my sandwich to either hold it in place or to punish it for being not at all healthy. In the case I have to shrink down to fight Despereaux Tilling for a spool of red thread I will be well prepped to handle the duel. I should also point out that these were a favorite of mine when I was a kid. It's not often an 8-year-old gets to go to restaurants or events that have hors d'orves or special drinks that require 'fruit flair', so when the time came and I got a tiny plastic sword that would fit both G.I. Joe AND He-Man, then it was on. On like Donkey Kong! Take THAT Skeletor!!

On a totally unrelated note, I found out that my company benefits entitle me to get assistance with nicotine addiction and will offer me a 15% discount to cigary.com, which sells, of course, cigars and smoking paraphanalia. I love commerce! I also love rubbing against people on the bus, but that's another blog post.

Note to Yellowfish: Your INXS tapes are in my possession. Should I listen or should I degauss? Mwahahaha!!

Note to Jen: The Greek Festival that we could have attended back in September of 2001 is doing it again this year. The dates: September 22nd - 24th... Weird, huh? ;-)

Note to Superpope (who will never read this): Glad to hear your doing better. Next time, try letting those of us you don't talk to often know when you're going under the knife.

Last but certainly not least, Note to Patrick: I'm sorry I didn't come out and visit with your mom more. I hope she can heal and rest after the ordeal she has been through the past year or so. My thoughts are with her and Arvell's family.

That's it folks. Closing time, once last call for alcohol so finish your whiskey or beer. Closing time, you don't have to go home but you can't stay here...

**************************
I would also like to point your attention to the left side of the blog and you'll notice a plethora of links. Most of these are blogs of personal friends, others are ones that have found me, or I got pointed to. A really good read today is "Dusty 2" which deals with Kayne West's recent statement that "Bush hates black people!". I have my own thoughts and those I will keep, but I thought this point of view needed to be said, and nobody says it better than Dusty Scott. Give 'er a looksee.

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I used to collect the red plastic handi snacks cheese spreader thingies.

7/9/05 11:40 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for the well-wishes for David. I'll be sure to let him know.

Sid told me to make sure that I invited you to his birthday party (Sept. 17).

Erin

8/9/05 8:07 PM  
Blogger Jay said...

Hmm... Saturday after next... I will have to work, but I would like to send a gift.

8/9/05 8:53 PM  
Blogger Jay said...

And oh yeah, glad to hear you're doing well Erin!! Sorry I missed seeing you in the hospital, but I was there with you in spirit.

8/9/05 8:54 PM  
Blogger bib said...

Remember the time you almost got me squished by the bus in DC?

9/9/05 5:59 AM  
Blogger Jay said...

Yes! I kept thinking about that for weeks afterwards. I was so close to loosing you, and all because I was acting silly. I felt horrible for that.

9/9/05 9:54 AM  
Blogger Jay said...

Comments? Statements of your owns?

10/9/05 8:59 AM  
Blogger Jay said...

I agree. I liked the line, "That's why they are called poor and not awesome." I don't know why but I got a laugh out of that.

10/9/05 3:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home