Wednesday, August 31, 2005

If you have ovaries, I will dislike you

I had built my confidence up the past week or so, meeting a girl that lives close to me. We talk in passing, I'll play with her little dog, seemed really nice, very cute, no ring and best of all she was never seen with another guy...it seemed so perfect. I had no reason for me not to ask her out.

Today I gathered some nerve and I asked her if she would like to go out sometime.

"I, erm, I can't. I'm sort of involved..."

"Oh, ok... I understand... It's cool..."

"No, it's not that...I'm married, I thought you knew?"

"I thought you lived alone?"

"I do, we're seperated... I found him cheating with my sister but he wants to work it out, so we're going to try to do that."

*mentially slaps head*
*******************************
What is it with women I'm attracted to? I can't get anywhere. If it's not one that says I'm great but doesn't want to be with me, it's the other that wants to work it out with some jerk that cheats on her (no comments from the peanut gallery), I can't figure them out. What's the deal?

Seriously, help me out. Am I that hidious/controlling that I'm not a fun person to be around if you're a member of the opposite sex? Granted, I'm a big guy, but I'm working on that... Maybe I should look up that post-op trannie from my Yahoo Personals... >:(

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jay,
Here is some old advice:
Big is beautiful.
Just be yourself.
Oh, and remember, when you aren't looking, you'll find someone.

Also, consider whether you really WANT to get involved with someone right now. I mean the state fair is coming up and there is NOTHING like meaningless carnie sex, am I right?

Seriously, you have what most women want in a guy above all other things: a high paying computer industry career.
Just kidding: a good sense of humor. Good hunting, buddy.

31/8/05 10:31 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your blog is great if you have trouble with the ladies we can hound you to death and ruin another private and personal moment by placing ads were they should never go!!!
I wish people would stop this ad crap!!!
I CANNOT AFFORD TO LOOK AT YOUR SITE OR BUY YOU PRODUCTS I HALF(meaning half my pay check, I can spell, have) TO PAY FOR GAS. I wish Bush would try to find some WMD in some of this idiots unsunny places because I am fixing to plant some there. Sorrry Jay to do this on your blog.

Paul

31/8/05 11:53 PM  
Blogger Jay said...

Paul, I fully understand your fury about gas. It just hit $2.99 for the cheap stuff last night. And as for the ads-in-comments thing, I can just go in and delete them.

And thank you Emily and Christy. I guess some women aren't so bad... :)

1/9/05 3:06 PM  
Blogger bib said...

Jay, not all women are bad. Yes, I guess here I would be considered a bad one. However, I don't think I'm that bad. I choose not to date someone I love dearly. I think it would be cheating both of us by being together. We both love/hate one another. I'm cool with that. I know that some days you are too. Someone will come along, and I agree with the other good ladies that when you don't look you will find it. We all go through different experiences in our life so that we can learn and build from them. I just hope that when you do find that special someone she will be able to love you the way you deserve to be loved. Regardless of everything you are my friend. One of my closest friends and I love you no matter what.

1/9/05 5:52 PM  
Blogger Scott Roche said...

I think you're cute but I don't swing that way. ;-)

2/9/05 7:21 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home