Sunday, September 25, 2005

My secret spot

I awoke this morning from a very odd dream. I had thought immediatly upon waking that I would want to blog this. I don't know why really, why any of you would want to know what I dream, but this is really more for me than you, so you can just skip this post.

This dream had in it a very cool locale to it. It it a reoccuring loction that I've dreamed of many times before. And everytime I dream it, I think to myself in the dream that I would like to bring other people with me sometime. This morning I got my chance.

I would like to describe for you my little secret spot in dream-land. The setting is sometimes different, but this is the gist. It's either in a forest, or behind a wall, but it's always really difficult and a little time-consuming to get to. The first path is a stone walkway, in a narrow waterway. It's built of stone, the waterway is, and to the right, invariably in the dream, is a large wall, with a lengthy hole that feeds water to a small pool. The pool feeds the waterway, and then empties to the other side into a waterfall. One would get the sense that if they lost their balance on the stone steps, which are covered in moss and a little slippery, they would either fall into the pool or fall off the waterfall to the left and possibly die on the rocks below. It's not a long drop, only about ten feet, but still...rocks! I've never lost my balance in these past dreams, and always the water is flowing, and there's that cool waterfall sound, with the smell of spring-fed water, rich with minerals. I love having this dream, as there is always something exciting in store.

Anyway, during this dream, the water was gone. I could see up beneath the wall, to where the water should be coming from. It was empty except for a few small puddles. The walkway in this dream was made of stone, but rather had heavy silt in it. The people I was with were walking in the silt, getting their shoes muddy, making it ugly and disturbing the natural look of the place, instead of just stepping on the stones, which were dry and not at all slippery. I had the impression that somebody had stopped the water flow with a dam and it rather hurt my feelings that I was bringing these people here, people I had wanted to bring for so long, that they were not seeing and experiencing everything I had wanted them to see like I normally do.

I should also point out that the people I brought were nobody I knew. They had some characteristics to people I know, but nobody with names. It was two anonymous couples, all with dark black hair and very lovely looking. They were dressed like they were going shopping (high healed shoes, nice expensive shirts) rather than exploring around in my dirty waterway.

Going on past the stone steps, the dream takes a different turn that what it normally is. Usually it leads to a stone wall, with a few stones removed. Inside is usually a very small room with only enough space for one person. This time it lead into a vast stone temple, with vines and kudzu everywhere, the air thick with humidity. Inside the temple there were tables and various ornate things, all either made of stone or bronze, up on a higher level sat a throne made of, you guessed it, stone. On the wall in front of me there is a very old mirror. It looks as if it was handmade by crude methods as the reflection is a little distorted due to it's not-so-smooth surface. One of the beautiful women in the group checks her reflection in the mirror and her friend tells her to stop, for that mirror will show you what's in your heart.

My curiosity is piqued and I go to check out the mirror myself. I walk past a stone table, with a dirty bronze plate on it, covered in cobwebs. I approach the mirror and one of the men in the group warns me again, "Don't look in that mirror!" but he turns around to look at other things, so I take to defying him.

I gaze long in this odd-shaped mirror, seeing only myself, then after about a minute I see other people in the reflection, behind me. I turn around and there is nobody there. I look again in the mirror, mindfull of the other two couples in the temple room with me, milling about as they are looking with curiousness at all the strange things in this abandoned temple. The mirror is hazy, but it again shows me with people behind me. They are all happy, as I am happy in the mirror. The guy that warned me of the mirror pushes me to the side, "I told you not to look in that mirror! It will ruin you!"

For some reason that was enough to shake me loose from my slumber and that was that. No more dream.

I liked the fact that it had the stone waterway, but disappointed that it wasn't how I normally dream it. I've thought that if I ever had a butt-ton of money I would have to build that waterway with the stone steps, the stone wall and tiny pool and the waterfall, all in the middle of some heavily wooded area, some ways away from easy access. Just to have my very own secret spot. Freaky mirror not included.

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

You've got the makings of a mini-series here!

25/9/05 11:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home