Tuesday, December 27, 2005

Whitewash

Christmas was good. I got to spend a holiday I normally hate with my family and be in a very good mood. I don't know if it's the drugs or just the way the holiday unfolded, but this was the first Christmas I've enjoyed every part of in a very long time. Last year was close, but still had some blues. This year was a milestone. Good times.

Tuesday I got back here to Owasso, and took off work since SOMEBODY didn't get any sleep the previous night (here's a hint, it's me!), I burned up a holiday day. Still got two left... anyway, I'm surfing the interweb on my laptop and all of a sudden about twenty different pop-ups just start showing up. I shut them down and run Spybot. I was in for a surprise. I some how picked up not one, not two, but EIGHT viruses and spyware on my laptop. I had aquired the "CoolWWWSearch" virus sometime back in mid-2004, and so this was a good opportunity to do a fresh install of my OS seeing as nothing I did to reverse it was working. Last night I finished the install, and tonight I'm going to find the drivers and install them. Hopefully by bedtime tonight I'll have a laptop that is in somewhat good shape. Thankfully I was able to save all the files I had on there as I had invested in a backup drive a few months ago. I had now paid for itself with this situation.

I hope you all had a great Christmas. Even though I was dateless, still managed to have fun and not worry about so much stuff. Got some good gifts, ate some good food, watched a good movie, and hung out with some good friends. Got to see my nieces, watched them open all of their presents, had a really good time.

That's about it. Right now I'm here at work, praying I don't fall asleep. Was up a little late last night getting the OS reinstalled on the laptop and April Kat thought I had to be up shortly after the sun got up this morning. Not running on a full battery today. *yawn*

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home