Saturday, December 10, 2005

Missed parties and slightly tardy

Tonight was the Whiten family Christmas party. I've made everyone in the past 17 years but this one. Just couldn't get off work today. This would have the first year my sister Amy hosted it, and I would have been fun to see her stress over having so many people (not to mention kids screaming) to contend with. This is not to say that my sister is incapable of handling stress. Oh contrare', she's very adept at it. However, her nieces will cry at the drop of a hat if their precious Aunt speaks anything negative their way. This past Halloween, I went with my other sister Brooke to take her kids trick-or-treatin' and we stopped over at OtherSister's house afterwards. Kids being kids, they were all playing in Amy's daughter's room and making noise, and Amy simply said "Please be quiet in there!". I was right there in front of her, nothing malicious in her voice, and you have thought she walked in there and belted them both in the mouth. They wailed like banshees at having been admonished by their favorite aunt (only aunt)... Anyway... I missed the party this year. I hate that. I don't see my family, especially the Whiten family that much. Well, any family that much. The last person I saw of my mom's side was my aunt Peggy, and that was back this summer. I'm a horrible family-keeper-upper. But then, I've been dealing with some unique crap this summer/fall, so I hope they understand.

Second thing, is I've been coming into work late this week. And last week. Almost every day, with a few exceptions, I've strolled in as late as 20 after. And everyday it was a unique thing that was holding me back. Clothes still drying, late getting into shower, took a nap before coming in... whatever the case was, it caused me to be late getting into work. Chad, one of my coworkers, loves nothing more than to bust on any sign of weekness. Out one day for sickness? Expect to be called. Go home early for good behavior? Can't wait to rag on ya. Go out for dinner? The man will tear you down when you come back. I can only he has some sort of Jewish mother in him somewhere, and she's just waiting to point out your faults and awful deeds. Plus, he's one of those guys that can eat a ton and loose weight, so yeah, I hate him for that as it is... ;-)

Will be visiting Greater Adaopolis this weekend, hope to visit Mamma G Monday night, maybe Padre' West will want to have a drink as well. Monday my sis turns a horrible 29. Mwahaha! Is it too early for black balloons?

1 Comments:

Blogger bib said...

In the words of The Donald... "You're Fired!!" Oh, and get this, I've been walking around for like the past month with some fool ass notion in my head that I was 28. WTF... 28??? Tonight was my parents wedding anniversary. 28th anniversary. It wasn't until mid dinner that I made the connection and realised that I had actually told a couple of people I was 28. I must them them otherwise, and quickly! Oh, and as for all the lame ass I come to work late excuses.. dont' give one. It's none of their business. Right?

10/12/05 11:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home