Wednesday, November 09, 2005

Could it be that I'm crazy?

A question was posed to me yesterday "What is wrong with you?"

Indeed, what IS wrong with me?

Talked to my doctor Monday, and it seems the TBZ is causing huge dips in the serotonin levels in my brain, (really wished they discussed these things with me when I started taking it), which is why I've been having these panic attacks and so much anxiety, not to mention the depression. So he suggested that I start on a regiment of Lexapro. W00t!

I knew I was nuts, now I've got a certified doctor telling me so. Now, if you'll excuse me, some nice young men in their clean white coats want to take me away, HAha!

Fun-sized Snickers go to whomever knows what that is from.

2 Comments:

Blogger Scott Roche said...

Well sometimes he feels liks a nut, sometimes he don't. Hope it all works out bud.

9/11/05 7:30 AM  
Blogger Jay said...

Haha. Scott, that was great.

No, I know I'm not nuts. I just have problems dealing with certain minutea of my life. Up until this year, I could deal with the TS pretty good. And then I saw the doctor in Houston, and I guess I had put a lot of faith into the visit, really got my hopes up. So now that the tics got worse, and at this point are pretty much the way they were, I've gotten down about it.
The reason I 'broke down' at lunch two weeks ago was that very reason. I just couldn't stop the motions. I don't know if I can identify with a Parkinson's patient, but I can guess how they feel. It's horrible, sitting in a restaurant or a office or at a friend's house or in line at the grocery store...whatever it is, and I CAN'T STOP FREAKIN' TWITCHING.

And no, I'm not suicidal about it, but it has gotten to a point where I don't want to visit friends or go to work or even see people. I spent the weekend in Ada and I just wanted to stay in the bedroom away from people.

It's gotten to be the worst it's ever been in my life and I've got to do something quick or it will run my life, instead of me running my life. And as little control as I have over the damn thing, I don't want that to happen.

I feel like I should be in a kilt and have blue face-paint on. "Fer Scotland! Too-retts may teak mah life, but it'll nevah...teak... mah freedom!"
*music swells*
*Mel Gibson receives Oscar*

9/11/05 9:51 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home