Saturday, November 26, 2005

Ants are shaped like tiny red snowmen

I miss Mitch Hedberg. Nothing funny here, just wanted to state that. He was funny and now he's gone. Hence, drugs suck.

Pat Morita died this week. Daniel-San is on his own from here on out. The Cobra-Kahn dojo is going to take over the streets now. Damn. I better call Hilary Swank.

Nick and Jessica are splitting up. Now who will my fantasy marriage feelings be projected onto now? Hence, depression sets in.

********************

Thanksgiving went ok this year. My niece Taylor had to spend it with her father, so we didn't get to have a full family, and also as my brother-in-law had to work his shift at the fire department. I guess saving lives from burning buildings is more important than green bean cassarole. Meh... :) But Mom was cooking and cleaning like a mad-woman, and for some reason wouldn't let me help with anything. I got to take the turkey out at 6 in the morning. That was my only contribution to this year's holiday.

Had lunch with friends, both old and new and even got to cook a bit with Smitty, which hasn't happened in a while. No Jen, no marble cheesecake was burned this time. We had steak, some mashed potatoes that were low-calorie but flavorful, spinach, a Riviera blend of veggies, plus some rolls. Mamma G didn't get to ply me with alcohol when I was down, so she told Padre West to relay that she was furious with me. When I go back down she just may get her chance. I'll have to drag Paul along if I can.

I have nieces and friends with kids, and as much as everybody thinks they have the coolest kid, Paul's little boy David is the funniest thing around. He'll hold his arms up and ask you "You want some of this?" which comes out as "Yu wa somdis?" And considering he's only a little over two, that's just nine kinds of adorable. He can ask you if you want a knuckle sandwich, and you can't help but laugh. Too cute!

********************

Mitch's favorite cigar is "It's a boy!"'s. He also likes Kit-Kats, except when he is with four or more people. All right...

********************

I picked up some track pants for cold-weather walking and I found a pair that fit my large frame at TJ Maxx. It was cool, because those things are super comfortable. I now know why Italian guys wear those things all the time. They are the ultimate fat guy suit. Warm, comfortable pants and jacket that match. It's like someone took a survey of what a fat guy would want in cool weather clothing, and then made it. I love you ,pseudo-cashmire!

I have to shill for a second. I've been reading this girl's site for a while, and it gets better all the time, unlike my own. Haiku-Girl will make you fall in love with her writing, whether you want to or not. But you'll want to, so it's Ok.

Did anybody watch the Macy's Thanksgiving Day parade Thursday? After the second commercial break, they featured a live perfomance of Puffy AmiYumi, a J-Pop girl duo made famous here in the states with their wacky animated adventures on Cartoon Network (Hi Hi Puffy AmiYumi). On a float with their cartoon counterparts, they did their song "Friends Forever" which is melodically identical to another of their hits, "So Long Zero". I had to admit, I was tapping my toes. If dad wasn't in the room, I might have even sang along. Yes, I listen to J-Pop. Deal.

********************

Mitch sometimes get's handed flyers when walking around. That's weird, as Mitch believes that it's like someone telling him, "Here, YOU throw this away." He also likes carrots. He had an ant farm once but the ants didn't grow anything, and that bummed him out.

********************

By the way, I had ribs and peach cobbler that same night of my last post and it was delicious. I balanced it out this past Thursday by eating my weight in cornbread dressing. And it was delicious as well. Maybe that should be my new diet. Just eating things in large quantity that are delicious. Oh yeah, I've already tried that. Didn't work. Damn

That's all I got. Listening to some Mitch, dreaming of dreamy things, sleepy-eyed from lack of sleep, too much sleep, not enough sleep, woke up early, stayed up late, woke up early... hating this cycle. I'm off tomorrow and besides doing a little grocery shopping, I'm not planning on doing a whole lot. If you call and I don't answer, consider me sleeping.

...end trans...

2 Comments:

Blogger Amy said...

Hey sweetie. It was good to see you on Thanksgiving day although you did sleep through the invite to my house. Awwwee, antidepressants suck!

I missed Taylor too. I got to see her Saturday evening and this morning she left again with Randy. I will have her back tonight. I swear she could be gone two days and she looks like she has aged a year and grown an inch. I am sorry you missed her. Hey the next time you come home, do you think you could spend some quality time with your favorite sister?

27/11/05 8:36 AM  
Blogger Jay said...

I already saw Brooke... ;) ha, just kidding. Yeah, I'll make it a point to see you guys when I'm down next. Prolly be next weekend. Remind me.

27/11/05 10:27 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home