Sunday, June 05, 2005

Not-So-Misfit of Fortune

Do you have a certain person in your life, whom you kinda, sorta know, and only get to see them a few times over long periods of time, and only for short amounts of time? A person that you you only, sorta kinda know?
I know this person, D I'll call her, to protect the innocent. ;-) D and I met up at a dinner function tonight with a group of other people. We had a blast. I always complain every year that I never to get to do "Con Stuff" while at con. It seems that there are never things to do that pique my interest. Well, tonight my interest was piqued. Besides meeting two remarkable and well-dressed magicians, a part-time wrestler, a petite and busty MC, an apple-capped redhead, a silk-pajamad bald guy with more hair than I have on his head, a mental Oriental and two other people who defy description, I had one of the most fun times in my life tonight.
I got to hang out with some very cool people, met some very interesting people, saw a little magic, a black jew, and found out what "yaoi" meant (you don't want to know).

So... Thank you D. You've brought me into a bigger world. You're the coolest hyperglycemic I know. :-D

PS-Salmon Roe is the second nastiest tasting substance on the face of the earth. More on that later.

4 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Oo! Oo! What's the first icky tasting substance on the face of the earth? My guess: JELLYBEANS. Blech!

5/6/05 10:24 AM  
Blogger Jay said...

No, that would be raw uni, or as we know it, sea urchin. Some call it a delicacy, I call it rotten fish on square rice. Bleeeah!

6/6/05 9:19 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Salmon Roe: $10.95 a piece.

Look on Jay's face after eating it: PRICELESS!!!!!

Erin

7/6/05 12:37 AM  
Blogger Scott Roche said...

Glad you had a great time Jay!!

7/6/05 10:27 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home