Wednesday, May 18, 2005

...and the Geeks shall inherit the Earth.

Not sure what kind of percentage of people that read this tiny blog are of the geek/gamer type, but I got an absolute kick out of this. I'm sure if Wayne Hancock read my blog, we would give me an "Aaahhhck!" upon viewing.

It's called Geek Fantasies and has four or five videos of bikini-clad women telling the inner geek in most of us what we want to hear. If only one of them said "I brought beer and pizza, let's get this LAN party started" I would have been brough to tears. ;-)

Last night, had home-made sushi with good friend Adam West (not Batman) and his friend in Sperry, Michael. When I got over to Michael's house, another friend of Adam's, Bobby, was visiting as well. I knew everybody from way back and had a blast catching up with everybody. I mentioned that David Sedaras would be at a local bookstore on June 19th and Bobby and Adam perked up, and then the three of us were retelling our favorite Sedaras tales. Michael was left out on this one, so I loaned him a paperback I had in the truck. I was pretty happy to get somebody else interested in something that I enjoy. Even if it's Barenaked Ladies, a love of geek-lore or non-fiction novelists, it's a joy to spread one's intrests around.

Anyway, like I was talking about before I started rambling, home-made sushi. Much better than I thought. Bobby left us, as she had to work today (sucker!) but the three of us guys ate some kind of roll that Adam had made an abundence of. Salmon, avocado and honey. It sounds odd, but really delights the palate when eaten. Yum! We talked for a while, ate some cheesecake and then I had to come to work.

I am enjoying life. And that, as they say, is a good thing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home