Sunday, April 24, 2005

So close it's scary

Patrick pointed me to an online personality test you can find here and here. I urge everybody to take a little time (even those that don't comment) and give this a shot. I think you will be very surprised at how accurate these types tests can be. Mine was uncanny. It pegged me down to a 'T'. I'll explain further.

Mine came up as an ISFP. That stands for Introverted Sensing Feeling Perceiving. For my scores, my Sensing score was at 100%, however Feeling was only at 12%. The other two were both middle of the road. Obviously there is a flip side to each factor. Either you're Introverted or Extroverted, Sensing or Intuitive, Feeling or Thinking, Perceiving or Judging. Sixteen different ways you can come up, and that's sixteen very distinct personality types.

I won't go into great detail, but here's a run down of ISFP type people. "ISFPs have a characteristic stout or chubby, rounded figure. They often have short legs and a bouncy gait, giving the impression of a big springy ball. Their faces are usually smooth and round without any obvious projections. Sometimes ISFPs can have slightly upturned noses. Their eyes are often round. Their mouths sometimes have an uneven line. In moments of passionate conversation they often swallow air like a fish.
ISFPs do not usually try to push friendships. If they feel that a person does not want to establish contact with them they do not insist. They usually make just one attempt and if it is not successful they hardly ever try again. They maintain contact only with people that they find interesting. ISFPs find it fairly difficult to interact with people that they dislike, even if it goes against their interests. In these situations they lose their personal magnetism, and their speech may become unintelligible." You can read the rest here.

Come on, tell me that isn't me in a nutshell. Un-freakin'-canny. That is what this is. My type of person is known as an "Artistic Composer". Not limiting to just music composition, but just the general bringing together of different things to achieve harmony. Songwriters, chefs, choreographers, film makers, or painters. If I had the nerve, I would either got to NECI for chef schooling or NYU for cinematograpy. I find both something that I think I could excell in but lack the money and nerve to do either.

Some of the ISFP's strengths are "Warm, friendly and affirming by nature, Usually optimistic, Good listeners, Flexible and laid-back, usually willing to defer to their mates" Some weaknesses are "Bad at long-term planning, Extreme dislike of conflict and criticism, Focused on enjoying the present moment, they may appear lazy or slow-moving at times" See? Scary... if you know me, then you know this is me.

ISFPs are warm and giving people, who have a depth of emotion and caring which is not often obvious to others, except those who know them extremely well. They are usually intense people, who experience their emotions on an intense level. Although they may appear to be light-hearted, they are in fact extremely serious, and take their relationships seriously. Unlike other SP types, people with the ISFP type desire and seek lifelong, committed relationships. ISFPs need positive affirmation to be happy and feel good about themselves. They need to be praised, although they are usually uncomfortable with "gushy" praise. The greatest gift their partners can give them is the expression of their affection and admiration.

Please please please give this a chance. I urge everybody that comes across this post to take a few minutes and give those two tests up top a chance. I am curious to what my friends and online buddies have in their personalities. If you wish, tell me what you tested in the comments section, or post your results on your own blog, but please give it a chance.

Other than that, everybody enjoy their weekend!! Remember to bring your towel with you next Friday!! All the hoopy froods know that secret...

10 Comments:

Blogger Patrick said...

I'm an INTP as you can read about on my blog. Those that don't have access, email me and I'll think about it :)

http://www.cusher.net/

24/4/05 7:04 AM  
Blogger bib said...

It says I am a guardian protector. Go figure. ISFJ for short. Pat is that a plea for people to read your blog?

24/4/05 10:19 PM  
Blogger Jay said...

Bib, I somehow knew yours would be "Judging" instead of "Perceiving". Haha... if you google your ISFJ you can find all kinds of additional things. I've read a few and it does sound like you may have gotten it right.

25/4/05 7:38 AM  
Blogger Scott Roche said...

ENFJ up in this joint.

You can read about it at my blog (which you don't have a link to I notice. ;-P)

25/4/05 12:19 PM  
Blogger Jay said...

Fixed!!

25/4/05 1:59 PM  
Blogger bib said...

and we don't have to have access... always a plus. :)

25/4/05 8:54 PM  
Blogger bib said...

Jay, granted I am more judgmental than gulliable. I think it has something to do with the whole husband/gay and being lied to for years that kind of played a part in that... dunno.. just guessing here. I would take a bet that Jen is probably a little more judgemental nowadays too...

Things are black and white with me. I tend to let a lot of things slide though, if you haven't noticed. I get upset and judgemental, but I can't hold a grudge or stay mad, so I think I even out. Even if I don't even out, you still have to live with me, so there!

25/4/05 8:59 PM  
Blogger Jay said...

Bib, between us both, I think we know (and everybody else) just which of us is the gullible one. I tend to take people I meet at face value. I guess that's why I never knew Jamie was, uh, "you know what". I tend to be dense on certain things, but I have a big heart. I have a lot of love for those in my circle. You just happen to be one of them, so whether you are a ISFJ or a ENTP or a DWF or a BFF, you're a dear friend.

25/4/05 11:09 PM  
Blogger Scott Roche said...

What if you are a SGBULACWM?

26/4/05 9:09 AM  
Blogger Jay said...

Then we're in deep caca...

27/4/05 12:28 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home