Monday, April 04, 2005

You're money, baby, and you don't even know it.

Had Michael up this weekend, got to go out and hit Kilkenny's on Sunday night. Deb from work joined us and we spent the night harrassing the waitress (who secretly hated me) and drinking many beverages. Had fun and got to catch 'Sin City' as well. Despite what some people may think, I loved it. I've read a few of the comics and I couldn't have been happier with it. That's definatly going to wind up on my DVD shelf.

Tonight I went to Pat's house and we viewed 'Swingers'. Without a doubt the best movie about swing-dancin', hipster, all-around cool and lonely guys. I was thinking back to the first time I saw it, the weekend in Norman and what was going on in my life then. Oddly enough, almost 8 years later, not much has changed. It's not that I'm in a rut, but my life certainly has a pattern to it.

Was going to go on about much more, but don't have to the drive to do it. Just listening to some Thelonious Monk and drinking a Pepsi. Nothing like a frosty beverages and excellent jazz to cap off an evening.

5 Comments:

Blogger bib said...

well, no, you aren't the same as you were 8 years ago. Lets see.. 8 years ago there was this weird guy who looked a lot like you, only he went through this strange phase of dying his hair purple... and then it was just bleached out in a few spots... and then there was the whole crappy truck, pizza job stage, hmm lets see... oh and the friend with the pointy black shoes (Brian), so I think more has changed than you realise. Just think, I'm one of the few constant pains in the butt in your life. Isn't it great?

5/4/05 8:42 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

They weren't pointy, they were just ugly ... with buckles.

5/4/05 12:08 PM  
Blogger Jay said...

I'd probably still have my hair a weird color or bleached out in spots if it wasn't for the job. That's why I do the things I do with my beard. I need an outlet for these types of things.

And Bib I meant that I'm the same way in the fact that when I watched it the first time, to this last time, I had a woman on my mind. And everytime it's been you.

And Brian, it's good to have you here! How did you find it?

5/4/05 12:43 PM  
Blogger bib said...

Brian!!! I'm sorry the shoes did have buckles and weren't pointy at all were they?? My memory isn't the greatest. And yes, they were ugly... ;) It's good to hear that you are going without the buckles these days...

Jay, I knew what you were talking about, I'm not retarded, that's why I pointed out that I am still a pain in your butt... As far as the hair mutalation you could always move forward into body art, piercing, etc... stuff that wouldn't show, but of course there is a pain factor involved. How about painting? Or cross stitch? No pain, no purple hair, although with the purple hair I can fit you into Our Lady Peace lyrics "Somewhere out there"

5/4/05 2:06 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

How did I find it? I read about it on cnn.com -- it's apparently all the rage with emo kids these days.

Or maybe Sean sent me the link, I can't remember.

5/4/05 4:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home