Saturday, March 11, 2006

"Mama, I'm coming home"

...thus sprak Ozzie.

Coming out to work this afternoon, I heard a sound I had heard all my childhood. And it's not that I haven't heard it in a long time, but I couldn't remember the last time I've heard it. It was the hooting of a barn owl, somewhere near my apartment building, and instantly I was a little kid again back at my grandmother's house. Flashbacks of hot summers with the window's open, listening to owls and crickets, having her read me stories until I couldn't keep my eyes open. All of that filled my head on the way to work today. And I missed my familiy.

I really hope there is more to life than just random living. I need something else.

Bleh

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

I like it when sounds or smells take you back somewhere. It's nice to feel close to something that happened to long ago. Blahs be gone!

12/3/06 1:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home