Tuesday, September 26, 2006

New sherriff in town

Hmm...

How does one announce certain news? If I were have, let's say cancer, I would be morose and hopeful. If I gotten a job in another city I would be jubilent and excited. But what if one falls in love? Do they explode with butterflies and puppy dog tails? I did that last time and it blew up in my face. I had poured a lot of emotion into the previous effort and it went sour. And I really don't want that to happen this time.

Why? It's simple. Because I believe in this one. Well, I believed in the last two as well, but it feels different. I can't place my finger on it, but it's so... honest? Pure? I don't know. But I am giddy. Giddy giddy giddy. Giddy as a school girl.

I have a tendency to make my love posts all sugar-laden, almost to the point that you'll need an insulin shot after reading them. I'll try to keep the glucose to a tolerable level. But I've got to warn you.... I'm giddy.

She came all the way from California, so she's done both goth AND valley girl. Which is cool, as I've done both dork AND geek. Yeah, that's right. I've got range, people!! But she's cool. We can go from talking about Jake Ryan to mashed potato recipes and then over to discussing Nicolas Sparks movies... yeah.. she's cool. And I'm smitten.

..and giddy.

-J

9 Comments:

Blogger Patrick said...

Jesus CHRIST.

You're already talking "love"?? Holy shit, man, you crater harder than a fuckin' comet.

Love takes time. The faster you dive into it, the harder it smacks your bitch-ass down. I thought you'd have learned that by now.

27/9/06 1:20 AM  
Blogger Jay said...

Ah Patrick, so thoughtful that you'd say such things publicly. And that you think that I learned nothing from my past.
I *fully* realize that love has to be nurtured. It starts out small and then, time and chemistry permitting, it becomes strong. This situation is not new to me, believe it or not. You stick your hand in the fire and you learn to not do that sort of thing.
Safe guards are in place. But I also know a good thing when I see it.

27/9/06 6:36 AM  
Blogger Patrick said...

Yeah, cuz I've always been such a jealous person...bitter maybe, but seldom jealous.

27/9/06 11:24 AM  
Blogger bib said...

I am somewhere between Patrick and Jen. I have Patricks skepticism and Jens enthuasium. I do hope this relationship works out. I agree with Jen you should let nothing get in the way or your happiness. I agree with Pat that I wouldn't be ringing love bells just yet, but thats just me. You are a smart guy, you have been through crap before and can take the appropiate measures to safeguard yourself against any future drama. I wish you the very best of luck and am so happy to hear that you have found someone special and wonderful for you. You are a great guy and deserve to be happy!

28/9/06 1:34 AM  
Blogger Scott Roche said...

I'm thinkin' Pat's just concerned.

Anyway, take it slow and easy. Plunt of time for quick and rough later.

28/9/06 3:39 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

That's really exciting, Jay! Giddy is the best. Giddy with talk of mashed potato recipes is even better.

14/10/06 9:00 PM  
Blogger Ev said...

well? what happened? you can't put up a post like that and then not post for 2 months.

2/11/06 11:02 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

yeah you need to post something new here

4/11/06 10:52 PM  
Blogger Scott Roche said...

New girlfriends will do that to you.

10/11/06 9:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home