Monday, July 11, 2005

Sweaty Fat Guy

Just got back from the gym, about to get in the shower, feeling pretty good. The YMCA is currently undergoing a renovation and parking is now in the back, but to get there, one has to take a little trip in the neighborhood. This morning, during my little detour, I saw a father with his two small boys getting ready to go swimming. The floaties and beach towels gave it away. I slowed down a little bit and took it in. The dad picked up one of them before they darted in front of another oncoming car, and gave a little repremand. But the kids were still excited, and I had to share their enthusiasm a bit. I like to watch families doing 'family things'. Creepy much?

Anyway, I'm 31, I'm not married and I have no children. For some guys, that would be an ideal situation. But personally, I function better in a relationship. I tend to do more things, be more interactive, be active more, cook more, clean more. I don't know, I'm just mopey here of late. I'm sure anybody left reading this blog realizes that. Like Bib would say, I'm just throwing myself a pity party. Well hell, it's my spot on the web, and it's my little online diary. I need someplace to vent, well this is it.

Blah blah blah, I'm going to hop in the shower. April is sitting on her perch in front of the computer, play biting me, telling me to leave her alone, even though she's the one that sat here after I was on here. Goofy animal. So, I'm going to try and clean up this dump today. I've been all blue and the apartment is showing it. Ugh... Maybe I'll make some chicken and dumplings tonight. Homemade dumplings mind you...not that canned stuff. Nothing wrong with canned, just not when made by me. :-D

Go Team Venture!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Move home, I'll find you someone! You've got to move home in order for me to do this! Your lonely because your up there!

11/7/05 4:30 PM  
Blogger Scott Roche said...

Homemade dumplings? Heck, I'll marry you!

12/7/05 8:55 AM  
Blogger Jay said...

Dumplings didn't get made. Pat called in the afternoon, saying he bought some steaks and baking potatoes, so we did that last night.
But soon, Scott! Very soon shall I make C&D! And it will be good.

12/7/05 10:32 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home