Saturday, June 19, 2004

One thing leads to another

Or so sings The Fixx...

Today, I had my parents coming into Owasso to check out a house Jen and I were looking at. I come home from work, feed and play with the pooch for a bit, then go to bed for some quick shuteye before they come up. I keep waking up every 30 minutes to 45 minutes, and I couldn't figure out why. Was I uncomfortable? Was there too much light? Too noisy? It was something I just couldn't put my finger on...
The alarm goes off at 2, a time I had figured would be a good time to get up, shower, and meet mom and dad at the realtors. I come out of the bed room and it's hot. Not Africa hot, but darn close to it. I check the thermostat... 83 degrees! I figure maybe the air conditioner unit froze and will need some time to thaw before it gets to working again. So I take my shower, and by the time I get out, it's jumped to 88 degrees.
Now, as my wife will atest, I'm not the best person that works under pressure. And if I'm hot, I'll get really pissy. Really moody, know I mean? I was trying to dry off, but I'm starting to sweat, even though I just took a shower, and I'm waiting on a call from the realtor, then trying to contact the landlord to let him know I'm about to melt like a candle, and I've only got twenty minutes left until I meet the parents and I got a little snappy with the wife in the process.
Luckily, we're pros at fighting like this, so it just slids off our backs within minutes and we're out the door, with a voice mail to my landlord to call me on my cellphone, as I'll be out looking at houses. Well, the realtor wanted to look up more houses while we were there, and I was feeling like a moron, because the house we were wanting had sold, so I had to find new houses so my dad didn't come up here for nothing. After an hour of looking, we took almost three hours just to check out five houses. It should have taken much less time, but she didn't know the town that well, so we were constantly going in circles, I was getting more and more irked, as I was thirsty, I knew my dog was at the house dying of heat, still haven't heard from the landlord, truck's AC would intermittantly going out, only running on 4.5 hours sleep...

Ahhhh!

Anyway, turns out the landlord called back on the house phoneline instead of the cell, he had called the repairman, but since we weren't there to take the call, we didn't get a time scheduled, so we're probably going to have to wait until Monday, which will suck. Suck big time. I took Jen, mom and dad out to dinner, we eat, part ways and come back home to a dehydrated dog, albeit one glad to see us, and set up all the fans in the house, open the windows, turn on the attic fan and strip down to a t-shirt and boxer shorts and just watched tv in the dark.
I'm sure I'll look back on this as a growing experience, but frankly, experience can kiss my hairy tookus. I'm here at work, a little sleepy, but thankfully cool. I guess I should count my blessings and just shut up.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home