Tuesday, June 15, 2004

House-hunting Blues

This house is killing me. It's cluttered, it's messy, it's got outlets that do not have three-prong holes. Basically, it's a dump. The wife and I have been checking out various different houses, and hope to favor the attention of the house fairy. I'm hoping for better style and something newer, and she would rather have something closer to work. Ah, if this is our only fight over house-hunting, I think we're ahead of the pack.

My friend Smitty is getting a house close to my parent's home. It's a pre-fab, but from the looks of it, it's a pretty nice layout, and I can't wait until they get it in position. It would so pleasent just to take a short trip to visit him when I'm home, instead of driving all the way into Ada. True, other friend's are in town, but assuming it's a Sunday night, and I'm all tired from not having slept that day, it's a perfect excuse for staying close to home.

More about the Pixies: They are currently on tour, and I've asked one of my oldest friends (old by how long we've been and stayed friends) to possibly see them with me. He's one of the few people that I know that knows their music, so it would be handy to see their concert with a like-minded individual. This friend would be Sean Fields, and probably the most creative person I know.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home