Sunday, June 13, 2004

I love the Pixies

Ok, I should be a little ashamed to say this, but I love the Pixies. And I don't mean that "I'm a big girl and like Cory Haim" kind of love, I mean I feel a lot of passion for thier music. The group formed sometime in 1985/86 and broke up in 91. They've recently gotten back together for a reunion tour and have even released a DVD to help get the word out. As it is, I've been watching their videos and live performances all night long, and darn if I didn't get this weird feeling of enjoyment whilst watching them.

You know that scene in ID4 (Independence Day) where President Bill Pullman gives his speech about how "today...we celebrate...our Independance!!" and everybody cheers, and I get goosebumps every single time? Well, it's kinda like that. I get the biggest kick out of the Pixies. Much like Barenaked Ladies. Now if only Brave Saint Saturn or Five Iron Frenzy would put out a DVD like these other two bands, I'd be a happy geek.

Which reminds me, I need to pick up the Weezer DVD. It's got 'Keep Fishin' which is an awesome song, and it has Muppets to boot. What's not to love?

3 Comments:

Blogger Patrick said...

Pixies suck.

13/6/04 7:03 AM  
Blogger Jay said...

You suck.

13/6/04 4:54 PM  
Blogger Jay said...

How does one like Brave Saint Saturn and not like Five Iron Frenzy? That's like saying I like eating meat, but I don't like hamburgers. Without FIF, there would be no BSS.

And you only tolorate BNL? Man, I don't even know you! :P I will say, however, that POUSA is a great band, made better because I know one of my friend's digs them so much.

And considering you STILL have my Breeders CD, you might dig the Pixies. The bassist for both bands, Kim Deal is awesome. Not only as a song writer, but also as a bass player. Trust me on this fact. She's the goods.

19/6/04 1:21 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home